About Me

My photo
I am a wife, mother of 7 and grandmother of 1. I have taught at PNC since 2000 and prior to that taught kindergarten for 9 years. Most recently I have become very interested in learning about environmental health issues and what I can do to make a difference.

Friday, June 1, 2012

Laundry

You will never guess what I requested for Mother's Day and I am happy to report I recieved as my gift.  I wanted an old fashioned clothesline and I woke up on Mother's Day to find this wonderful new clothesline installed using 3 trees in my yard.  I have an amazing "L-shaped" clothesline that will hold up to 3 loads of laundry.  I have been washing my laundry using soapberries (see http://soberryclean.com/home) and since Mother's Day I have been hanging them outside on the clothesline to dry.  My new favorite pasttime is inhaling the freshest smelling laundry.  Not only does it smell fresh but it is wrinkle free and I also have some extra cash in my wallet from the money I am saving on expensive laundry detergent and running the dryer.  My family has requested that towels be put in the dryer and I am happy to make that adjustment. What are your thoughts about going back to an old fashioned way of drying clothes?

2 comments:

  1. Wish I could however my community does not allow it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's too bad. You could choose to hang some clothes to dry inside. I just recently saw on Pinterest where someone hung a used wooden ladder from the ceiling in their laundry room and they use it to hand clothes to dry. I love this idea because they are repurposing the ladder and using less energy to air dry the clothes. I bet their electric/gas bill has also decreased.

    ReplyDelete