About Me

My photo
I am a wife, mother of 7 and grandmother of 1. I have taught at PNC since 2000 and prior to that taught kindergarten for 9 years. Most recently I have become very interested in learning about environmental health issues and what I can do to make a difference.

Friday, July 20, 2012

Repurposing

Recently I have been investigating ways to reuse/repurpose items instead of purchasing new.  This month my daughter Lily wanted a headboard for her bed.  Together we looked and looked for headboards online but didn't see anything we liked.  We decided to look online for homemade/faux headboards to get some ideas.  Here is what we ended up making.


We had some old shutters in our garage and decided to put three of them together.  We used heavy duty clips for paper clipping to hold them together.  Then we found some old Christmas lights and hot glued the strands (we used two) to the back of the shutters. 

I have to admit this starts to get a little addicting.  After this project we decided to use some old frames to make earring art for Lily's bedroom.  Lily spray painted three old picture frames.  I glued screen (the material you use to rescreen screens for your windows) to the back of the frames and then Lily arranged her hanging earrings to make functional art.




What are some of the ways you are repurposing?

No comments:

Post a Comment